Howdy Folks!

Having a strange problem starting Apache/mod_ssl that I haven't been able
to find a resolution for; using the usual methods (Google, FAQ, list
searches, etc.)

First, here's the platform:

Solaris 9 (clean install)
Apache 1.3.29
OpenSSL 0.9.7d
mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29
gcc 3.3.2
make 3.80

Anyway I removed any and all the pre-compiled Sun packages for the above,
and instead am compiling everything from source.  The first attempt I
tried on my own (I'm a Linux vet, no compiler fears), and then after I ran
into the error I started over from scratch using this document:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:olbQI85yCAoJ:ampubsvc.com/~meljr/AMPS.html+installing+apache+mod_ssl+on+solaris&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Either way the problem is starting Apache using `apachectl startssl`, or
even `apachectl start` httpd pukes and spits this message out:

lolaweb1# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 206 of /export/apps/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /export/apps/apache/libexec/libssl.so into server: ld.so.1:
/export/apps/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/export/apps/apache/libexec/libssl.so: symbol ssl_expr_yylex: referenced
symbol not found
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Line 206 is the LoadModule line for mod_ssl:
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so

Looking at the symbol that was being referenced, I figured it was a flex
thing, so I installed flex 2.5.31, but to no avail.

I'm lost so far, as searching for that specific symbol isn't getting me
anywhere.

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction?
Thanks!!
- -brian

[ GPG public key ID 1EA8096A @ http://pgp.mit.edu