"rse" is actually Ralf S. Engelschall - the guru who wrote mod_ssl in
the first place! However, it's not him sending the mails. The mails are
viral spam and if you look into the header, you'll see that they are
sent to the list-server from:

        by master.modssl.org (Postfix) with SMTP id 2EBC0A8CD1
        for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Mon,  9 Aug 2004 18:35:50 +0200
(CEST)

What it looks like is that this machine is spoofing the "MAIL From:"
field in SMTP when it sends to the list-server (master.modssl.org). To
block these, the list-server has to implement a rule whereby it does not
accept mail on an external interface which is apparently-from an
internal server.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thanks,
>

> Don Woodward

Groupe SWX.

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
views of the sender’s company.