Newbie to list, please tell me if I'm got the wrong one! :)

SuSE 9, Apache 1.3.28 with curl 7.10.5 and openSSL 0.9.7b --> was working with SSL

Updated with rpms to curl 7.11.2 and openSSL 0.9.7d --> Apache won't restart with SSL.

Syntax error on line 1419 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
/usr/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

<IfDefine DUMMYSSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         /usr/lib/apache/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

Also tried with no success:
LoadModule ssl_module         /usr/lib/apache/libssl.so.0
LoadModule ssl_module         /usr/lib/apache/libssl.so.0.9.7

Last clue I found on the internet suggested that mod_ssl was not loading. Is that my problem or have I missed something?

thanks,
Paul