Hello everyone.

I apologize for disturbing with this request, but I am a little
stumped.

I have Linux Slackware 2.4 on a Duron 700 with 150 MB of ram or so.
I wanted access to SquirrelMail and I wanted to be able to do so with
https, so that I was secure when doing it outside of the local
network.

Despite generating the keys (password free) and signing them,
configuring to what I believed to be correct (obviously not) conf
files for mod_ssl and httpd, I get the following error:

    $ openssl s_client -connect def.con.ca:443
    CONNECTED(00000003)
    24271:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
    protocol:s23_clnt.c:475:

I did some searching online and reading around someone suggested that
I'd add the following to httpd.conf:

    LoadModule ssl_module libexec/libssl.so
    AddModule mod_ssl.c

There is no need:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/apache# apachectl configtest
    [Mon Dec 27 22:08:58 2004] [warn] module ssl_module is already
    loaded, skipping
    [Mon Dec 27 22:08:58 2004] [warn] module mod_ssl.c is already added,
    skipping

Further reading online: add SSLEngine on within the Virtual Host
setting (I'm guessing they meant in mod_ssl.conf?) and that is done.
As well it was suggested that there may be a lack of directory.
That's present as well.

Checking the status:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/apache# netstat -tln | grep 443
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*
    LISTEN

Okay, so I'm not that off.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, albeit I am at a loss as to
what excatly I screwed up.  Can someone kindly kick me in the right
direction?

leandro
--
leandro asnaghi-nicastro - editor in chief - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
capital of nasty electronic magazine - http://con.ca/