On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mads Toftum wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:15:37AM -0800, ColinB wrote:
> > What is the relationship between mod_ssl for Apache 1 and Apache 2 ?
> >
> The mod_ssl in apache2 is based on the mod_ssl for Apache 1.3, but the
> two versions are not the same module.
>
> > Why doesn't www.modssl.org say that it is for both Apache 1 and 2 ?
> >
> Because it isn't. The mod_ssl available at www.modssl.org is only for
> Apache 1.3.

Just to clarify some, mod_ssl is part of apache 2 by default, you just
turn it on with configure/compile options <read the docs!> while for
apache 1.3.x it is an addon package requiring a few other steps in the
configure/compile process and additional packages to link with.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

...Love is the ultimate outlaw.  It just won't adhere to rules.
The most any of us can do is sign on as it's accomplice.  Instead
of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.
That would mean that security is out of the question.  The words
"make" and "stay" become inappropriate.  My love for you has no
strings attached.  I love you for free...
                        -Tom Robins <Still Life With Woodpecker>