Hi

I successfully compiled httpd-2.0.54 with
openssl-0.9.7g, have enabled mod_ssl in httpd.conf.
And things look like they are working.

In a php page I'm using, I'd like to use the openssl
support for parsing an X509 cert.
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.openssl.php

however, after the first step of the instructions,
apache will not restart and hangs.

that step being "Note to Win32 Users: In order to
enable this module on a Windows environment, you must
copy libeay32.dll from the DLL folder of the PHP/Win32
binary package to the SYSTEM32 folder of your windows
machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32) "

I had copied over the libeay32.dll from the out32dll
directory under where I build openssl for apache.

I'm guessing I'm running into some weird dll search
order thing that is now preventing apache from
starting...

Removing the libeay32.dll file from system32 and
rebooting will allow apache to start again, but of
course php with openssl support doesn't

any pointers much appreciated...
bob