I have a Win2003 Enterprise Server which is clustered with another win2k3Enterprise but running at the moment as single.

On the machine is a Apache 2.0.54(win32)  mod_ssl 2.0.54 OpenSSL 0.9.7g and mod_jk/1.2.13 and a tomcat 5.5 installed.

I have added the add mod_ssl line in httpd.conf and included ssl.conf with a sslvhosts.conf with all the certs correctly placed.

I have copied ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll into the  windows/system32.

This configuration is running on 2 other machines (not clustered)  without any problem.

If I try to connect to it with ssl I get no response and no real errormessage in the logs.

Then I tried openssl.exe with s_client –connect 127.0.0.1:443            (other ip used)

And got this output:

CONNECTED(00000768)

5536:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol:ssl/s23_clnt.c:494:

I googled for the error (140770FC) and for the code line (s23_clnt.c:494) but didn’t get any clue for my problem.

I hope anybody has a clue for me, cause im running low on ideas what else I could try.

Thanx inadvance

Michael Nitschke

MBI Institut für Marketingberatung AG

Hietzinger Hauptstraße 119-121
A-1130  Wien
tel +43 (1) 8777474 9747
fax +43 (1) 8777474 9712
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mbi.co.at

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken.
Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information purposes.
This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding communications.