Hi Georg,

after I emailed the list, I found this info:

http://www.covalent.net/resource/documentation/faststart/2.0.0/userguide/html/sslconfigure.php#1176550

It appears that the Apache/mod_ssl "SSLProxyProtocol" directive lets
you limit the ciphers that the proxy will use (as a client) to the
back-end server.  I also found the following research report, which
talks about performance of SSL protocol and various ciphers:

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~bhuyan/papers/ssl.pdf

I'll continue to work on this and report back to the list if/when I
find something conclusive. In the meantime, if anyone on the mod_ssl
list has further suggestions, I'm all ears :)

thanks
JB

On 10/19/05, Georg Oppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> by chance I stumbled over the same problem here today. I'm very
> interested in answers you receive. Maybe you can write some sort of
> summary for the mailing list.
[...]