On 2/7/06, Gordon Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've got a Linux box with OpenSSL 0.9.8a installed (configured with
> threads, zlib & shared) I then configured and installed Apache 2.0.55
> with SSL support (configure --enable-ssl --enable-mods-shared=all)
>
> When I try and start Apache, (httpd -D SSL) I get the error:
>
> Cannot load (path)/mod_ssl.so into server (path)/mod_ssl.so: undefined
> symbol: RSA_Generate_key

It's highly likely this is the same problem described by me long long ago on this forum related to X509_free being undefined.  Take a look at this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg14344.html

The short short version is that you should try recompiling apache with --enable-ssl=static .

--Cliff