I try to do X.509 client authentication with Apache
Apache/2.0.54. This works fine. Now I want to check
for certain fields in the client certificate with
SSLRequire. Even though I ask that

%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} eq "Testuser"

the server permits accesss to a client with
SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN="testuser2". What's wrong?

Here is the according section from my config:

     SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +StdEnvVars +CompatEnvVars +StrictRequire
     <Directory "/home/gellert/htdocs/ssltest">
       AllowOverride None
       Options +FollowSymLinks +Includes
       Order deny,allow
       Deny from all
       Allow from localhost
       SSLRequireSSL
       SSLRequire (    %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq "SSLTest SubCA 01" \
                    && %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU} eq "User Certificates" \
                    && %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} eq "Testuser" )
    </Directory>

Anything forgotten? If I print out the environment from
within the webpage (with SSI #printenv), I see (among all
the other variables):

SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O=SSLTest SubCA 01
SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU=User Certificates
SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN=testuser2

Hmmm.... Any clues?

Olaf

--
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Senior Researcher,                       Consulting GmbH

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet