-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Omar W. Hannet
Sent: 18 June 2007 16:13
To: modssl-users@modssl.org
Subject: Re: SSL by Domain Name Error

Rob Archer wrote:
> Anybody have any suggestions ?

>     Have created the key through open ssl and configured apache (using
>     http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ApacheSSL
instructions) and
>     can access https via the IP address of the web server but not the
>     domain name. When trying to get the to the webserver via the
domain
>     name through https it says internet explorer cannot display this
web
>     page. Using the normal http protocol I can get the "It Works" page
>     through both IP address and domain name.
>
>     Have tried to get around this by fiddling about with the virtual
>     hosts settings but haven't found any solution. Can anyone help !!!

You might try adding a NameVirtualHost directive:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443

(Your own IP address in place of '1.2.3.4'.)

If that doesn't help, please show us the <VirtualHost> block for this
domain in your current Apache configuration.

--
Omar W. Hannet
http://www.allez-oop.net/

 Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
fMgBK8DIcc6MewdBLPY6HM3uCsIoIfWJQ!0Y2VdZHSsmugCwvzzwfe946vzFomHzKSVMo!xh
LH2GhBuaixmbErtfYMN4HkbPTCJC6Pv3JUYJ7cQJe9p9qcDVg+Z43dzgaPp!JI8EBMOY08Pc
LiPsL1wg48Tzt71za7Vke8vo28dsU9mY8+kaYom  to report this email as spam.