Hello,

I have a bunch of certificates of CAs which I want to put in directory
pointed by SSLCACertificatePath directive. All of them have the filenames
in the form hash-value.0 The mod_ssl official documentation says:
"The files in this directory have to be ... accessible through hash
names. So usually you can't just place the certificate files there: you
also have to create symbolic links named hash-value.N".

1) What should be N in the CA certificate file name? Should
certificate file names have sequential N's, reflecting the prefered
order of checking against them during client authentication?

2) Are symbolic links mandatory? Can I put the hash-value.N files there
without creating the links?

Thanks in advance,
Arsen.