Hi folks,

I'm a complete newbie to compiling apache, and I'm trying to install my
first SSL certificate. All instructions I can find so far all assume that I
have mod_ssl installed already.

I'm willing to install it, but all of the references I can find to the
latest and greatest version of mod_ssl say that it's for apache 1.3.39, but
I'm running apache 2.2.4 on a Fadora Core 6 (2.6.20-1.292.fc6)

I don't want to proceed with recompiling the web server unless I know that
I'm doing the right thing.

Can any one either a) just help me... or b) point me to a good article or
set of articles on how to do this?

I should mention that we host many, many virtual domains off this one
server.

Thanks heaps,
Chris

--