Simon Cozens wrote:

Randy W. Sims:

Sounds like a set/multiset/bag structure.

I thought it sounded more like a sorted array, but I'm prepared to be
persuaded otherwise. (Primarily because I've already released the module
to CPAN. ;)

<http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Set&mode=all>

Which of those were you thinking of? None of them seem to be obviously
related.

Hmm, Jarkko has a nice set (err, no not those), but (and no not that either) your module is the only one I see that uses a tied array to implement a set; probably because it does not make sense to be able to store values at a given index or splice elements. Perhaps you could generate an exception if this happens. It certainly would be convenient to have a set that's accessible as an array. Do you plan to provide set operations (union, intersect, etc.)?

Randy.