On 16 Feb 2004, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michel Rodriguez) writes:
>
> [...]
> > If size is a problem for mirrors, then a shorter version, with just links
> > to the docs, would work, maybe the search.cpan.org results for example:
> > http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.40/ could be statically generated to
> > just http://cpan.org/docs/DBI/index.html
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBI/ works.
>
> Why should it go on www.cpan.org rather than just be on search.cpan.org?

OK, I stand corrected.

Then the problem is why don't those pages show up higher when you search
on google? They come back fast enough, I suppose they are static, can
anyone confirm this? There doesn't seem to be a robots.txt preventing them
to be spidered, so they should be indexed.

I guess it becomes a social (for lack of a better term) instead of a
technical issue: this is what we should link to when we want to reference
a module. The fact that I did not know about those shows first that I am
quite dumb, but also that even someone who should know about it, well...
doesn't.

Should we spread the word (through the FAQ? I can post something on
PerlMonks) that this should be the proper way to reference modules?

--
Michel Rodriguez
Perl & XML