Hello Smylers,

Smylers wrote:
Reinhard Pagitsch writes:

Chris Dolan wrote:

I think "Document" may be better than "File" in this case.  My first
impression was that "Win32::File::Prop" is would interact with
Windows filesystem properties, like permissions, hidden flags,
ownership, etc.

Or maybe Win32::Storage::PropertySet?

I would expect something with "storage" in its name to be quite
low-level; it wouldn't occur to me that it would deal with
document-specific properties.
The module gets the informations which would be displayed in the Summary information dialog if you right click on a MS document (Word, Excel, ...) chooseing "Properties" in the popup menu. But it can also read none MS documents like text files, if there are extra informations stored. (I just tested it with MS documents and normal text files.)

Also "PropertySet" makes it sounds that it _sets_ properties, whereas you said your module reads them.
Hmm, you shall read it as a "Set of Properties" not setting properties.

I would suggest now to name the module Win32::Storage::ReadSummaryInfo.

Reinhard

Smylers