On Apr 7, 2005, at 8:28 AM, Reinhard Pagitsch wrote:

Hello Chris,
Chris Dolan wrote:

On Apr 6, 2005, at 11:06 AM, Reinhard Pagitsch wrote:

I would suggest now to name the module Win32::Storage::ReadSummaryInfo.

I like this better than before, but why not Win32::Document::SummaryInfo?

Because not only MS documents can be read? There is also the possibility to read the summary informations
from text and and other files, if there is a summary information available.

Reinhard

Hmm, I think it must be my Mac experience showing through. I'll defer in this case, but permit me to further detail my thoughts anyway... When I think "Document" I mentally include any non-active file, including MS Office files, text files, PDF files, etc. but excluding executables. To me "Win32::Storage" and "Win32::File" suggest the manifestation of the file in the filesystem, not the the contents of that file. But perhaps my vocabulary of simply off base.

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)