On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:01 AM, Alexandr Ciornii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Bill Ward wrote:
>
>> The META.yml thing is nice but you can't make it required yet.
>>
>> The recommended version of Perl for production use is 5.8.8.
>>

> It is 5.10 now (for a half year or so).

Not according to perl.com (http://www.perl.com/download.csp):

"The maintenance version of Perl is *5.8.8*. This is a stable, tested
release that you should use in production environments."
It was based on this that we (at my day job) recently decided to move from
5.8.6 to 5.8.8 and not 5.10.0.  Also, .0 releases (of any software) are
notorious for having stability issues.

> <http://5.8.8.>  The version of ExtUtils::MakeMaker included in 5.8.8
>> distributions does not support the license field.
>>

> And they would not see error (as we have no means to modify EU::MM at
> their computers). Only when they upgrade to EU::MM that has mandatory
> license or to 5.10.1 (maybe 5.8.9), they would see this error.

Yeah I misunderstood at first, I thought the error would occur at the time
of uploading to CPAN rather than at "make dist" time.

--Bill.