'Smart' is subjective, and not very informative.  How about
File::Temp::ByFnName ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Rothenberg [mailto:r...@fastmail.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:24 PM
To: Perl Module Authors List
Subject: Need suggestions for a module name

While debugging a project that generated a lot of temporary files, I came
upon a nifty idea: rather than name the temporary files the usual random
strings, why not have the files named by the method/function that created
them, e.g. instead of something like /tmp/Hf6254d85.txt, why not call it
/tmp/Some_Package_Name/text_analysing_function-Hf6254d85.txt.

Anyhow, I think this might be something worth uploading to CPAN.

So what should it be called?

I was thinking of something like File::Temp::Smart, for lack of a better
name. But I am open to better ideas.

Suggestions?

Rob