Agreed.  We have a similar setup with the various BioPerl distributions now;
the release is tied to the PAUSE credentials of the co-maintainer.

chris

From: Dan Book <gri...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:53 PM
To: James E Keenan <jkee...@pobox.com>
Cc: "<module-authors@perl.org>" <module-authors@perl.org>
Subject: Re: How to do co-maintenance on CPAN distro which uses Dist::Zilla
(Travis and other questions)

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 3:04 PM James E Keenan
<jkee...@pobox.com<mailto:jkee...@pobox.com>> wrote:
3.  Assume that I am the co-maintainer of the distribution but have
rights to push to the original author's repository, which will remain
the canonical repository.  How do I then get the CPAN release to show up
under my CPAN ID (JKEENAN)?

Not sure I understand the question here. The CPAN release and its upload has
nothing to do with the source repository, and will be entirely up to the PAUSE
credentials you use when doing `dzil release`. The metadata referring to the
GitHub repository is, in this case, controlled by the use of the
[MetaResources] plugin, so if that repository is still being used then no
change is needed there.

-Dan