Hi all,
I am writing a proxy module that supports a custom extension to the mostly
unimplemented 'Delta coding' RFC. The original standard uses a 226 http
status code for its responses to help deal with HTTP 1.0 web caches
(although this does not completely solve the caching problem).

To be compatible with the delta coding standard I need to be able to set the
226 status code on my responses, but I have having trouble working out how I
would do this in the apache module framework. From what I understand this
needs to be done during header parsing, as the headers are sent to the
downstream server before the body is processed, but I have been unable to
find the right mechanism to do this.

Regards,
Toby Collett