I'm writing a module where I need the ability to make HTTP requests to
servers on my backend for business logic.  Just to get my code working, I
wrote a very simple HTTP client library but it only handles basic HTTP/1.0
requests and only checks for return codes 200 and 404.  I'd like to use a
better codebase for making my requests, but am not sure what my options
are.  I looked to see if I could abuse the mod_proxy code, but I don't
think it was meant to be used this way and don't want my code to break due
to changes upstream.  I was thinking about using cURL, but that would add
another dependency to my code.

Is there a proper/defined way to use mod_proxy for this, or should I just
move forward with cURL?

Thanks!

--
Michael Spiegle