> mod_perl just exposes the API to Perl programmers.  Translate their
> example
> to C and it'll work without mod_perl.

Excellent! Just what I was hoping for! Any clues as to the C equivalent of
set_handler()? I've been looking in the apache header files and not found
anything yet that matches.

> You want C, my book takes you
> through
> developing a custom authentication/authorization handler.

I know. I've been doing exactly that :) Great book by the way :)

> If I understood your original question ("... conditional
> authentication ... if
> public access is granted"??)  I could perhaps say something more
> specific.

A quick overview of what I want: if user requests a resource with a
particular method, and that method is in a list of public accessible
methods, then auth is not required. If not, then authn/authz is required.
Simple as.

I know there are other ways of doing this with Limit, for example, but my
module adds a few bits and bobs to make management a bit easier (and
extensible). I would however, appreciate your comments on the subject :)

Cheers for confirming,

Ben

On 21 Jul 2009, at 13:44, Ben Davies wrote:

> I've just found something that does pretty much what I want but with
> mod_perl. For an example, see 13.5 in the following chapter
> (warning: link
> is a PDF)

mod_perl just exposes the API to Perl programmers.  Translate their
example
to C and it'll work without mod_perl.  You want C, my book takes you

--
Nick Kew