Dear Ben

Thank you for your valuable input!

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 08:25, Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to debug mod_ruby to load in Apache for Windows. So far
>> Apache for Windows does start with mod_ruby.so but it seems that httpd
>> does not start correctly with mod_ruby enabled in Apache for Windows.
>
> I don't have a solution for you but I would suggest to not do this
> (run mod_ruby on Windows, that is).

Ok, I take notice of this.

> Apache on Windows serves all requests from a single process.

Apache on Linux does not do that? Our Apache on Linux with mod_ruby
sometimes has over 1'000 sessions and about 30-50 threads open. Memory
can go up to 10 GB.

> The Ruby interpreter is not thread-safe so mod_ruby creates a Big Mutex
> whenever it needs to run. Thus on Windows, with its single-process
> model, mod_ruby can only serve one request at a time.

So you say, that mod_ruby on Windows can _not_ leverage its power
because Apache on Windows is a single thread process?

This is very interesting.

Best
Zeno