Hello,

I’m testing the HTTP/2 performance to add support to the software I’m working
for. My benchmark consist on an apache 2.4.17 server with the following
http2-related configuration:

LoadModule http2_module modules/mod_http2.so
<IfModule http2_module>
  Protocols h2c http/1.1
  H2WindowSize 1460000000
  H2StreamMaxMemSize 1460000000
  H2MinWorkers 8
  H2Direct on
  LogLevel http2:info
  H2MaxSessionStreams 100
  H2SessionExtraFiles 1000
  H2MaxWorkers 100
</IfModule>

The rest is simply the default apache configuration.
My client is a C application that downloads 1024 files of exactly 1MiB each, so
totally 1GB. When performing the test with normal HTTP/1.1 the download speed
is around 20MiB/s, while when using HTTP/2 is 1.5MiB/s. The client uses exactly
one  multiplexed connection and works as expected
Lastly, the client and server are located in center Europe and center USA
respectively to increase the impact of opening many HTTP/1.1 connections with
such a high physical distance due to latency.

I tried to increase the Linux window size, as well as the TCP buffer to
increase the download speed, but without success so far.

Is there some configuration parameter I’m missing to make it perform better? Or
perhaps the module itself needs an special configuration for such a use case?

Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards,
José Molina