Hi,

this is just a theoretical question: is there any way to test/use
an Apache module without Apache?

Consider there is a compiled module in Apache modules directory,
called mod_helloworld.so.

I'ld like to check the implemented methods, or to use it
independently of Apache.

I tried to load the module with dlopen():

dlopen("/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_helloworld.so", RTLD_LAZY);

but I got the error while run the code:

/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_helloworld.so: undefined symbol: ap_hook_handler

Guess this is not a trivial task, but may be I just forgot
something... So, any ideas are welcome. I know if the load
worked, I have to emulate the request... that would be the next
challenge :).

Thanks again,

a.