2008/9/30 ianmendiola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Graham,
>
> So, I took your advice and configured my httpd.conf to allow a daemon
> process to be ran.
>
> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
> ServerName www.blah.local
> CustomLog /Users/blah/dev/logs/blahcustomlog common
> ErrorLog /Users/blah/dev/logs/blaherrorlog
>
> WSGIDaemonProcess www.blah.local user=www group=www
> processes=2 threads=25
> WSGIReloadMechanism Process

The WSGIReloadMechanism directive is redundant if using mod_wsgi 2.X.

> </VirtualHost>
>
> As you can see I don't have the WSGIProcessGroup directive, I hope
> that's not necessary.  I had initially put it in
> WSGIProcessGroup www.blah.local

Yes it is necessary, else it still runs in embedded mode.

> However was gettng a Internal Server Error to take it out.

Are you using a basic hello world program or your own application. Use
hello world example and follow instructions in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/QuickConfigurationGuide

and post whether with a simple hello world example it still crashes.

Also clearly indicate which version of Apache, Python and mod_wsgi you
are using, plus which operating system.

> Anyways, I made a change to an outside module to test. Ran the
> command, touch index.py (my main script file),
> and checked to see if the source code change would populate.  Sadly,
> it didn't... =( ... Have you any idea of what
> could be the problem?
>
> Here's an example:
>
> modules1/
>
> modules2/
>
> index.py
>
> If I change a module in modules1/ and a module from modules2/ uses it,
> then index.py uses that module from modules2/ i'd like for that change
> to populate
> upon request of the WSGI application.

As per documentation on reloading source code, you need with daemon
mode (if it were being used), to manually touch the WSGI script file.
Since you haven't posted part of configuration which says how your
WSGI script file is mapped for mod_wsgi, can tell you exactly what to
do.

Graham