On 12 April 2010 13:50, MMRUser <oshadha.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still getting the same error, the only installed new package is python-
> devel others were already in the system. I installed Apache using yum
> command. Apxs installed from the source,

Installed from what source?

It looks very much like that 'apxs' and Apache itself weren't built
against the same APR/APU-UTIL you have installed.

In other words, you have a inconsistent set of packages which weren't
designed to be used together, possibly being from different
repositories.

What you can try doing is the following, but because of the possible
package mismatches, it may all crash later on.

1. Edit '/usr/sbin/apxs' and look for the directory specified by the variable:

  my $installbuilddir = "/usr/share/httpd/build";

2. Edit the file in that directory called 'config_vars.mk'.

3. Look for the variable:

  LIBTOOL = /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent

Change the path to be where your libtool is actually installed.

I would though recommend you just get a consistent set of packages
which are designed to work together from the outset.

Graham