On 8 February 2011 05:52, octopusgrabbus <old_road_f...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Success. Reconfigured Python 2.6.6 with
> --enable-shared
> put in link
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Feb  7 12:01 /usr/local/lib/python2.6/config/
> libpython
> 2.6.so -> /usr/local/lib/libpython2.6.so
>
> And loaded the library from .bashrc
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This setting will not be used by mod_wsgi when run under Apache as
Apache doesn't inherit your user environment unless you are actually
running Apache as yourself.

In cases where OS default library search path doesn't include
directory where libpythonX.Y.so is installed, you can at time of
compiling mod_wsgi go:

  LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make

The LD_RUN_PATH environment variable when set for a compilation, will
cause that path to be embedded in the resultant .so and so it will now
how to find the library at runtime automatically.

Graham