I am facing the same issue with django+apache+mod_wsgi+svn 1.7.
I posted it on svn mailing list and got following reply

"mod_wsgi is probably intercepting the POST request intended for
mod_dav_svn and not passing it on.  Subversion 1.7.0 had a similar
problem, it tried to process non-Subversion POST requests and produced
an error.  The Subversion problem was fixed in 1.7.2.  A code change
in
mod_wsgi is probably required.  It may be possible to reorder the
modules in the apache config file."