With Mountain lion it comes with versions 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, & 2.7. These are
installed as you have correctly stated however the installation is a little
different compared to a linux installation.

The version 3.2 that I have installed is from the python site at the
following location http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/. I took
the osx 64bit installer.

The installation location is as per the installer.

Jake