In general a HTTPS site should have a proper fully qualified domain name which
matches what is in the certificate. You wouldn’t use ‘localhost’ for the server
name.

For a start, try adding the option:

    —allow-localhost

Depending on the platform this still may not work though as I recollect that
localhost and host access controls can work strangely on Apache with some
operating systems.

A better way of doing it is to change ‘—server-name localhost’ to:

    —server-name 127.0.0.1.xip.io <http://xip.io/>

Then access the site as:

    https://127.0.0.1.xip.io <https://127.0.0.1.xip.io/>

This gets around the way that Apache or the operating system can treat
localhost in a special way.

This requires external DNS access and some Intranets can even block xip.io
<http://xip.io/>.

In that case add an explicit entry into your /etc/hosts file for some fully
qualified name, such as:

    127.0.0.1 www.example.com

and use:

    —server-name www.example.com <http://www.example.com/>