Short answer is you cannot use a mod_wsgi.so from a yum package against
anything but the binary distribution of Apache it was built for. You cannot use
it with a separate Apache you compiled from source code as how it was built
would likely be incompatible.

I can only recommend you start out with the pip method for installation as
described in the issue at:

* https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/mod_wsgi
<https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/mod_wsgi>

as the easiest way to move forward.

If you cannot get that working as I described such that 'mod_wsgi-express
start-server' does something, you need to provide the details of what errors
you are getting and what you were doing at that point. I can't guess why you
can't install it without seeing the errors.

Also use either the mailing list or the issue, and not both.

Graham