> On 17 Jan 2018, at 10:51 pm, Jesus Cea <j...@jcea.es> wrote:
>
> On 17/01/18 15:00, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>>> """ if (!PyErr_Occurred() && !aborted) { if (Adapter_output(self,
>>> "", 0, NULL, 0)) self->result = OK; } """
>>>
>>> I am not sure why "Adapter_output()" is called with NOOP operation
>>> (maybe to signal "end of stream", but then I don't know why it is
>>> only done when no python error occurred), but "self->result=OK"
>>> requires "aborted==0". This is not going to happen if we have
>>> "aborted==1".
>>
>> Apache needs it to ensure that a 100-continue response is flushed out
>> correctly if browser was expecting it, otherwise things get messed
>> up.
>
> Then my question is why is that ONLY done when "!PyErr_Occurred()". It
> should be done always, at least if "aborted==0".

My recollection is that Apache would normally not generate a 100-continue for a
non 200 response and would return the non 200 error immediately. Forcing the
100-continue, which is what that call would do, means not working the same as
Apache would normally and want to avoid that resulting in problems with how
Apache handles things. I wouldn't have qualified it if I hadn't had some issue
previously.

Graham