I still wouldn't have mucked around in /usr/lib64. If installing from source
code, install under /usr/local instead. If you can't rebuild Python lxml
package and define LD_RUN_PATH environment when doing the build, for where
library directory is so automatically found, then force pre-load it in Apache
configuration using:

    LoadFile /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2.9.8

before loading mod_wsgi module. That way it only applies to Apache.