Thanks for the suggestion Heiko.  I've done something similar to what you
propose in a prior project - send the entire table to the browser at the
start with the 'status' column blank then open a websocket that sends the
status value for each row to the browser and have a little javacript that
plugs in the status value in the appropriate row.  I was hoping to avoid
that with this project because it seems like overkill for such a simple
project, but the eventsource method in the link that you sent looks much
simpler to implement so I'll experiment with that.

I tried 'wrapping' the list of calls to the various templates in a
$c->delay(@list); structure, this causes the first template (table) to
execute in its entirety but it never starts the second entry in the list
(even though I see the result from the very last statement in the sub in
$list[0].) Is there some magic that I need to invoke to make delay start
the next item in the list?

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:38:56 PM UTC-4, Heiko Jansen wrote:
> I´m not sure if I understand your workflow correctly but how about this:
> for every row processed send a small JSON documents to the browser which
> contains information on the worksheet, row and row status and then have
> some JavaScript code in the browser assemble and update the correct HTML
> table (inserting another row)?
> I´d probably render a skeleton HTML page as response to the upload of the
> Excel file, then start a new AJAX request from that page which triggers the
> processing of the spreadsheet uploaded previously and receives the
> processing status as "server-sent events" (cf.
> <>
> ).
> Heiko

"Mojolicious" group.