Thanks for all the feedback!  What about this
<https://github.com/s1037989/minion/commit/78d951cc99bac93599633adbe36e45573a614ab0>
?

Two of my own comments:

1) Should I pass the url in as a parameter to a function, or is it OK
placing it within the function as it is?
2) I have it refreshing every 10 minutes (I use 1000 * 60 * 10 to be more
clear about the number... is this your preferred style?) but every minute
if it fails.  I figured if it fails we should retry sooner than 10 minutes.