Hey,

I have a mon server that has been running fine for a few months. All of a sudden it is doing crazy things. We are using mon.cgi for reporting. It is now timing out 9 out of 10 times. When you telnet to the mon port and try to issue commands, sometimes it hangs for a long time and others it hangs for 10 seconds.

Running top shows all of the monitors going off at the same time instead of the normal ‘random intervals’. I have a feeling this is related.

I have a feeling that a perl module got upgraded in the background and is causing this problem. There haven’t been any configuration changes since before Christmas.

Has anyone experienced this or something similar before?

Thanks.