--On Monday, September 13, 2004 10:26 AM -0300 Dalpi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all,

Has anyone faced the following error when using DNS monitor?

Zone 'nova.net': failed servers: x.x.x.x
Diagnostics:
      SOA query for nova.net from x.x.x.x failed question section
incomplete

I'm not being able to discover what is causing this failure. I've captured the packets, but it seems that there is no error in the query/answer.

I don't recall seeing that before offhand, but I'm not sure.

Run 'dig soa nova.net @x.x.x.x' and see if the result code/content makes sense. If you're not sure what it should look like, please either post the output or send it to me personally if you're concerned about posting the data.

-David Nolan
Network Software Designer
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University