From: zalktis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 7 January 2005 9:49
To: Craig Reeson
Subject: RE: Help with mon.cf switches

Hi,

Arguments (parameters) of mon server and process.monitor spawned for
particular watchgroup is completely different things. Maybe - that's the
problem?

To use process.monitor you should:

 - install UCD-SNMP/NetSNMP software on target host

 - configure snmpd on target host, e.g:
  proc httpd 10 20
  # number of httpd-s should be between 10 and 20

 - start snmpd on target host

(target host = host to check)

Then you can manually check (from mon server shell):
 $ process.monitor -c SNMP_community_if_not_public host

or you can add service in mon.cf which will be periodically checked by
mon server using process.monitor. e.g:

# example
------------------
hostgroup billing bill01.domain.com

watchgroup billing
 service ping
 service disk-space
 service proc
  exclude_period wd{sun-sat},hr{18-7}
  description Check of billing processes
  depend SELF:ping
  interval 35m
  randskew 25s
  monitor process.monitor
  failure_interval 5m
  period
   alertafter 2
   alert mail.alert [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   upalertafter 10s
   upalert mail.alert -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.yahoo.com

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged.  If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return
email immediately.  Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it
and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the
views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses
that may be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced,
adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.