--On Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:18:56 -0500 Tim Carr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 4000 traps/second.  That sounds like a whole lot to me.

Holy cr** thats a lot of traps.  Wow, the interesting ways that mon gets
deployed continue to amaze me...

Even if you were only sending one trap per minute per service you would
have:
25 service * 1 trap/minute * 2 servers * 1200 site = 60000 traps/minute, or
1000 traps per second.

That still *lot* of traps.  Doing your bandwidth math shows that it still
1.6Mbps of trap traffic.

I think you might want to make your mon setup more structured, with
intermediate collection points that pass status changes only to your final
collection point.

-David