Only a Windows install would be "hosed" if a module were missing ;-)

Just install manually:

- Make sure you have a working GCC and development packages, in particular net-snmp-devel
- Make sure you have the perl CPAN module (RPM from your distro)
- run
    perl -MCPAN -e shell
    cpan> install Net::SNMP

MRTG uses its own (limited) SNMP implementation, BTW.

And one more - take a look at snmpvar.monitor, which can check interface status (example provided in sample config files) as well as lots of other variables. (Disclaimer - I wrote that monitor.)

--Peter

OK, I think my centos install must be hosed. When I run the command that you suggested, I get a blank line. Not that it can't find the module, just a blank line.

The weird thing is that I have installed the RPMs from the centos site (net-snmp-utils-5.1.2-11.EL4.6.i386.rpm, net-snmp-perl-5.1.2-11.EL4.6.i386.rpm, net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11.EL4.6.i386.rpm, net-snmp-devel-5.1.2-11.EL4.6.i386.rpm, and net-snmp-5.1.2-11.EL4.6.i386.rpm) and still it doesn't work...

uname -a
Linux mrtg.ndtel.com 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 24 08:14:29 CDT 2006
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 4.3 (Final)

I am running an older version of centos, but these scripts are much older than my release, so if they work on centos 5x they sure should work on centos 4.x. I am starting to feel that the Perl stuff on my server is not finding all of the software installed; is there an easy way to tell Perl to search and catalog all the software on the system? I know that some of the SNMP software is working, as we are running MRTG on the same server and it is having no difficulty talking to the routers, but that may come with the MRTG software, I can't remember.

Thanks for the help!