On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:22:40PM -0400, Jonathan Baxter wrote:
> I recently installed mon on some opensuse 10.3 machines, but could not
> get the snmpdiskspace.monitor to work. I am not a perl guy, but it
> seems the information coming back from the perl Net::SNMP module is
> not correct, in that it assumes all fields are contiguous when they
> are not.

Oh, I remember this one.  One way to fix may be to recompile net-snmpd
with "--with-dummy-values" - IIRC the "contiguous" behavior used to be the
default, but it turned out to not fully conform to the SNMP standard, and
when net-snmpd changed its default behavior, a number of SNMP client
programs stopped working properly.

The latest and greatest snmpdiskspace.monitor in CVS has some patches
to address this problem:

http://mon.cvs.sourceforge.net/mon/mon/mon.d/snmpdiskspace.monitor?revision=1.2

Please try that one and see if it works any better for you.

        -- Ed