Alison Rowland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup my mongrel clusters to start on boot. I have
> followed the instructions under the "On Boot Initialization Setup"
> section at http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/mongrel_cluster.html.
>
> When I try to start it up, I get the following error:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: sudo /etc/init.d/mongrel_cluster start
> Starting all mongrel_clusters...
> !!! Path to log file not valid: log/mongrel.log
> start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails start -h to get help.
>
> I have experimented with putting the full path to the log file in
> mongrel_cluster.yml, to no avail. mongrel_rails cluster::start works
> just fine when run from the app directory. Surely I must be missing
> something... any ideas?

It sounds like the -c option didn't work for you when configuring.  This
-c option needs to be set so that all the paths are relative to your
apps root directory.

When you run the "mongrel_rails cluster::configure" command make sure it
looks like this:

sudo mongrel_rails cluster::configure -e production -p 8000 -N 3 \
    -c /usr/local/vhosts/testapp --user mongrel --group mongrel

After you have run this, your config/mongrel_cluster.yml should look
something like this:

---
user: mongrel
cwd: /usr/local/vhosts/testapp
port: "8000"
environment: development
group: mongrel
pid_file: log/mongrel.pid
servers: 3

Again, its critical that the cwd: entry be present.

Depending on your browser the mongrel_cluster page covers up part of
that command with the news column.  I will shorten that line.

Thanks for your feedback and let me know how it goes.

Austin