On 7/2/06, Zed Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Then create a mongrel config script with called mongrel.conf with:

  uri "/", :handler => Upload.new("/upload"), :in_front => true

And then make sure you have a Rails handler which can handle requests
for /upload and which can answer requests for /progress with status.
The status comes from the Mongrel::Uploads singleton which keeps track
of what's going on.

thanks for the reply Zed, but I'm still a bit confused..  I've added the mongrel.conf file with the line you suggested, and then added a route from /upload to an action method called "upload" in my site_controller, but I'm not sure what the upload method (or progress method) is supposed to do.  Is the upload method supposed to be the action that's called from my file upload form?  Am I supposed to call Mongrel::Uploads.initialize and then interact with the uploads singleton myself?  Does anybody have a working upload form that I can take a look at to see how it should be done?

I realize that this is still in a pretty rough form, but I was hoping I'd be able to test this out, since I had previously been using the rails upload progress plugin with apache 1.3 and mod_fastcgi, and it would work intermittently.. I wanted to see how the mongrel version compares as far as reliability.  Thanks,

Mike

_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to