On Jul 5, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Bryan Liles wrote:

If this was in the docs, I've missed it.  How can I have multiple  
mongrel clusters on a server?  All the documentation that I am seeing  
seems to assume that I am only running one cluster.

Hi Bryan:

Take a look at the railsmachine gem. It will create Apache vhost configurations for you via Capistrano. I'm working on better doc, but this should get you going. 

Note: These instructions assume CentOS/RedHat with Apache 2.2, mongrel_cluster, and MySQL installed. You may need to adjust for your server environment.

1. Create a directory to hold the Apache conf for each application. For example:
sudo mkdir /etc/httpd/conf/apps/

2.  Add includes for a default virtual host and additional vhosts to your Apache conf:
sudo vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Append the following:

NameVirtualHost *:80
Include conf/default.conf
Include conf/apps/*.conf

3. Create a mongrel_cluster configuration dir:
mkdir /etc/mongrel_cluster

4. Install railsmachine and Capistrano gems on your development box:
sudo gem install railsmachine --include-dependencies

5. Check out deployment instructions and modify any paths for your system in config/deploy.rb:

Hope this helps! Dig around in the gem source to see how to modify the process for your needs.

Good luck,
Bradley Taylor

------
Rails Optimized Hosting ~ VPS and Dedicated Servers
Simplified Deployment  ~ Services and Software






_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to