On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 17:42 -0400, Mike Garey wrote:

> so doesn't "pass through" mean that the file is being passed through
> to apache to be served statically?  I have sendfile installed, so does
> that mean that it's using sendfile to give apache a reference to the
> file, and so that may be why it's having trouble with mime type (since
> maybe apache doesn't use it's own mime type when being passed a
> reference via sendfile)? 

I believe you've got it backwards, but the mod_rewrite stuff is so dense
I could never remember what directive did was exactly.  The only thing I
do is I setup a stock set of instructions (Bradley Taylor had some) and
then turn on insane mod_rewrite debugging.  No matter what the docs say,
if the debug output says that it's not serving the file statically then
you don't have your config right.

I'll dig into some of my other configs and see if you've got a simple
"one-char-fix" problem.

-- 
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?

_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to