Thanks. I had actually tried to install  dev and got a dependency  
error and then when I checked, the dependency is installed. Circles.

Guess I need to figure out why:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
   ruby1.8-dev: Depends: libruby1.8 (= 1.8.4-1ubuntu1~zajac1) but  
1.8.4-1ubuntu1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:11 PM, Josh Ferguson wrote:

> A quick google search of this error brings up the solution in the  
> first
> result:
>
> http://mentalized.net/journal/2006/01/24/no_such_file_to_load_mkmf/
>
> Josh
>
> Jamie Orchard-Hays wrote:
>> I'm getting the following error. Which apt-get install <some missing
>> package> do I need to run? looks like some build tools.
>>
>> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
>> extconf.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
>>          from extconf.rb:1
>> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
>>      ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>> Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
>> mongrel-0.3.13.3 for inspection.  ruby extconf.rb install mongrel\n
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jamie
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mongrel-users mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mongrel-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to