On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 16:11 -0700, Scott Laird wrote:
> 
> 
> On 7/10/06, Zed Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root =
> "/myappliveshere".  Amazingly enough, it's special-cased for Apache
> with FastCGI--if it spots dispatch.[f]cgi in the right environment
> variable, then it sets relative_url_root automatically.  That's why it
> works with Apache most of the time :-).  That's the magic I was
> missing this morning. 

That's it!  But, uh that's retarded that it only works with fcgi.  I'll
talk to rails core and have them shore this up for the next release
since they're going Mongrel with it.

> I have a little patch that adds a --prefix flag to Mongrel that sets
> the Rails handler URI as well as relative_url_root.  As I mentioned
> above, it's not strictly needed, but it'll make life a bit easier for
> people.  Would this be something that you'd be interested in applying,
> or should I go tweak the Typo docs to explain it away? 

Sure, shoot me the patch offline and I'll look at how to work it in.



-- 
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?

_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to