On 8/25/06, Luis Lavena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/25/06, linux user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> I will try this, but since all my 4 mongrels on a single machine start from
> the same application-root, this would cause out of sequence statements in
> log/request.log. It would have been so much better to have logging on win32
> where each mongrel will have its own log.
>
> Or may be I should just start each mongrel from a different application-root
> folder but for that I will have use ActiveRecordStore for session
> synchronization and I can't use file store anymore.

Do WEBrick log request to the log file? or it do that on *nix?

By logging do you mean this?

127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:15 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET /
HTTP/1.1" 200 7552- -> /
127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
/_javascript_s/prototype.js HTTP/1.1" 200 55149 http://localhost:3000/
-> /_javascript_s/prototype.js
127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
/_javascript_s/effects.js HTTP/1.1" 200 32871 http://localhost:3000/ ->
/_javascript_s/effects.js
127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
/images/rails.png HTTP/1.1" 200 1787 http://localhost:3000/ ->
/images/rails.png

No by logging I mean capturing all output on console whether generated by puts,p,print or by mongrel in a log file.

If so, mongrel nor webrick do that, so the problem could be the rails
logging mechanism.

Maybe I'm to tired to think clearly in this problem...

I appreciate your help and I know the problem is kinda subtle and may be stupid too and I guess the only way out is get rid of my puts, p and print everywhere and just logger.debug statements.

> I do have lighty in front of 4 mongrels. nginx is not supported on win32.

I know, I know, too tired to provide good comments, sorry.

> > > thanx a megaton for helping me.
> > >

> > A suggestion: stop cross-posting between rails and mongrel list. If
> > the problem is mongrel related, post here, if rails related, there,
> > but try one place at a time.
>

> I am not cross posting atleast not in the last 4-5 replies.

copied from the headers:

From: linux user < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Mailed-By: rubyforge.org

--
Luis Lavena